So, I'm coming off a few weeks of stress to rival the college application process mixed with the worst finals week ever, but in comparison everything is amazing and sparkly and the whole world seems conquerable. So here's a quick list of things that are great about my life right now:
1) I'm officially going to Italy in the Spring to spend a whole semester wandering around breathtaking cathedrals, re-visiting some of my favorite places in the world and eating as much gelato as possible ... oh yeah, and learning about art history and Italian culture.
2) I live with the most amazing friends you could ask for. They make everything seem conquerable and worthwhile. Without them and the amazing calming influence they have on my life, I'm not sure how I would have handled any of the stress I've faced from college and adult life in general. We recently had a Thanksgiving dinner at our apartment with a bunch of our other wonderful friends, and I couldn't have asked for more in life that such a perfect night.
3) I'm going home in a few days to spend Thanksgiving Break with my sister (who I miss terribly), my mother (who I've recently gotten close to again and is a lot of fun to hang out with) and my new baby brother (who is adorable and walking now, and who I haven't seen in waaaay too long). I can't wait!
4) My bestie ~Demyrie is an amazing cuddle buddy and puts me in an infinitely better mood just by being around. I'm incredibly blest to have someone in my life who I connect to so easily, and who's presence I can never get enough of. <3 you babe, for introducing me to the wonder of the quietest moments.
5) A conversation with my dearest ~Demyrie the other day reminded me that, while I may no longer have the insane career-focused drive I used to, I still have some things I know that I want out of life. Someday, I will live in New York City, at least for a while. Someday I will meet someone who I can spend if not the rest of my life with, at least a large portion of it. And when I do, that connection will be natural and organic and effortless, so I should never try to force things. Someday I will make a living traveling and creating, and I will never settle for less than that absolute fulfillment. So I might not know exactly where I'm going anymore, but it's not like the future is a giant blank canvas. And as Demyrie pointed out, that's perfectly OK.
6) I love my job. It's possibly the most stress-inducing part of my life, but I absolutely can't get enough. Working in a newsroom is not for the faint of heart, but I've been having a love affair with journalism since freshman year of high school -- and with language since the fifth grade. Plus, it's a rush like no other. Who says having an addictive personality is always a bad thing?
7) I FINALLY cut all of my hair off, and it looks amazing. I've been wanting to do it since I was about thirteen, so it's about damn time I bucked up and took the plunge. And I'm so happy I did, because I look more like me than I ever have. I'm not hiding behind the curtain of hair anymore, and it's amazing what such a simple change has done to my self-confidence. And my wallet -- I went out shopping afterward and found that everything looked good on me. ^^
8) I'm getting the itch to write again, and I have a solid block of free time coming up in which to do it.